You're looking for simple, concrete ways to build your resilience to stress and reconnect with yourself and the world around you. In addition to the breathwork practice, you'll learn five simple tools that you can start using right away.
You're curious about breathwork meditation and want to learn about and experience it yourself
You've been grappling with feelings of isolation and disconnection
You're not sure about this whole 'meditation' thing. Or have tried it and been frustrated. I get it. Been there.
You've had some experience with breathwork and are looking to deepen your practice
Five New Tools to Relieve Stress
You can start using these immediately throughout the day to build resilience and release stress.
A new way of relating to limiting beliefs
Much of the disconnection we feel springs from outdated or 'limiting' beliefs. We'll learn new ways of relating to these beliefs that turn them from sources of frustration into powerful allies.
A New Appreciation of the Power of Breath
You'll experience simple, ancient power of breath to allow us to release stress and invite connection. What you do with this power is up to you!
Up to that point, I hadn't really given much thought to my breath, much less meditation. And I had never heard the term 'breathwork' before. My general response to anything spiritual was a condescending eye roll.
When I got an invitation to a 'Sacred Breathwork' workshop that touted 'breathwork' as a way to release stress and heal deep pain, my eyes rolled so hard that it gave me headache. But, at that point, I was up for trying anything. So I went.
That first breathwork session was both incredibly annoying--I found the super spiritual language the facilitator used to be alienating--and deeply impactful. Reconnecting with the breath helped something inside me shift that I had thought was a permanent fixture.
The best way I can describe what shifted is that it was the core belief that I would never amount to much and, at a fundamental level, was unworthy of support, love, and success.
That small shift, barely perceptible, was enough to ignite my curiosity. How could something as simple as breathing connect me with myself in a way that countless hours of therapy and hours of research hadn't?
The past ten years have, in large part, been about pursuing that curiosity.
This course is my attempt to distill much of what I've learned and experienced into a format that's accessible to everyone from eye rolling skeptics to experienced breathworkers.
It's the first time I've put all of this information in one place. The lessons and exercises address the physical / physiological impact of breath, invite exploration of inner emotional and spiritual landscapes, and encourage you to find the path to resilience and reconnection that's right for you.
My overarching goal with this course is to give you tools, techniques, and frameworks that you can integrate into your daily life so you can build resilience to stress, reconnect with yourself and others, and ultimately move towards greater engagement with your life, work, and community.
That's a big goal. And it all starts with a single breath.
- Welcome to Reconnect: Breathwork & Beyond!
- Reconnect with the Breath
- Your Mission for Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 Video Transcript
- Getting to Know Your Nervous System and 3 New Tools
- 10 Minute Grounding + Connection Exercise
- Your Mission for Chapter 2
- Reconnection + Resilience Exercises Cheat Sheet!
- Chapter 2 Video Transcript
- About Breathwork: Intro and Tutorial
- 15 Minute Breathwork Practice (with Guidance)
- Breathwork FAQ: Hand Cramps, Pace, Emotions and more!
- Your Mission for Chapter 3!
- Transcript: About Breathwork Intro and Tutorial
- Transcript: Breathwork FAQ
- Breathwork & The Four Connections
- Connection (23 minutes)
- Your Mission for Chapter 4!
- Transcript: Breathwork & The Four Connections
- Part I: What IS resistance and where does it come from?
- Part II: Ways to Work With Resistance
- Working with Resistance, 29 minutes (guidance and music)
- Getting to Know Your Resistance Worksheet
- Your Mission for Chapter 5!
- Transcript: Part I
- Transcript: Part II
- Chapter 6: What Comes Next
- The Medicine Spiral: A Model for Individual and Communal Transformation
- Course Feedback
- 15 Minute Breathwork Practice (Guidance Only)
- Connection Breathwork Meditation (Guidance Only)
- Working With Resistance Breathwork (guidance only)
- BONUS MEDITATION: 30 Minute Breathwork + Sound Experience
Founder, Center for Story and Spiritmichael@michaelkass.co